About Me

Hello my name is Jordaan and I am 8 years old. I'm an Australian but now I live in Sentul City. I was born in Subiaco, Australia in 1999. I have one younger brother named Jaycob and one older sister named Tiana. We all go to SPH.

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Learning to ride a bike...


On my holidays I did something that I had always wanted to do, I learnt to ride a bike.

I have had a bike for 5 years but have never had a chance to learn to ride it, and thats why I was really happy when Riam asked me to come to his house and practice.

When I got to Riam's house his dad fixed my bike because it wasn't working properly. Riam's dad got covered in black oil because he had to fix the chain that wouldn't work.

Riam's Dad helped me learn to ride, he taught me safety things, because he said it is important to understand safety when you learn to ride, and told me not to be afraid of falling off. Riam's dad told me that only Superman could learn to ride a bike without falling off at least once or twice.

I was really shocked when I could balance and that gave me alot of confidence and I found out that the better I got at riding my bike, the more I liked it.

I learnt that believing in yourself and being a risktaker can help you do things that you thought you couldn't do, and I know that together with God that anything is possible.

I also learnt another thing too - I need a bigger bike!

1 comment:

Jane Ross said...

This is an excellent story. It was very entertaining to read. Well done Jordan and I like your picture too. Score 10/10